Sheri Schmaus lost her son Jake to a heroin overdose on May 22, 2013 and her heart was broken. In order to get through the nightmare, her family started The For Jake's Sake Foundation to help spread awareness about addiction and education into communities and schools.
Jake told Sheri he had no idea how powerful heroin and opiates are. Jake also told her that he wanted to be a teacher. "Maybe this is Jake teaching us all a very valuable lesson. I look forward to working with the Addiction Policy Forum," Sheri says.