President Trump recently released a topline summary of the Administration’s budget priorities for fiscal year 2020.
Among the addiction-related programs we track, the President's budget includes:
- $145 million for CARA’s Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program
- $1.5 billion for State Opioid Response grants
- $30 million for Residential Substance Abuse Treatment
- $30 million for Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- $254 million for High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas Program
- $48 million for First Responder Training
- $100 million for Drug-Free Communities Program
- $786 million to implement the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act
As more information is released, we will continue to update you on the specific program funding as it is made available.
To compare these figures to finalized fiscal year 2019 funding levels click here.